Mithrandir Chromatic Gradient, dyed to order
About this Item
This yarn is dyed to order specifically for you in our studio. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
If you're in a hurry, click here to see our currently available (ready to be delivered) items in this colorway (including matching socks sets).
About this Color
This gradient is part of our Chromatics Collection - a sweet array of single-color gradients moving from light to dark. The Chromatics feature a light version of each color (for instance, pale pink to red in Sweet Babboo) paired with a dark version (the deep red to near-black of Pirate Island). Mix and match the light colors for a carefree rainbow effect, use the darker spectrum colors for a sophisticated, moody palette or use one of each for an uninterrupted 2-cake gradient color flow.
*Mithrandir Chromatic Gradient* is named for the elves' name for Gandalf the Grey, wizard whose work upon Middle Earth was completed by destroying Sauron. Maybe you don't need to wander the hills, fall into shadow while battling a fire demon or lead a battle charge upon your horse Shadowfax, but you may still want to consider this piece of advice from Gandalf: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” (So spend your time knitting!)
This colorway is perfect on its own, for pairing with any of our other Chromatic Gradients, or mixing with Panoramic Gradients.
About Knitcircus Yarn Bases
There is a table below that lists yardage and price of our various yarn bases, or click here for more information.
- Trampoline (100% USA-sourced superwash Merino) - Springy and super soft, our new favorite
- Greatest of Ease (80% superwash Merino/20% nylon) - Our most popular and versatile
- Lavish (70% superwash Merino/20% cashmere/10% nylon) - Our exclusive blend for extra luxury
- Fairy Dust (70% superwash Merino/25% nylon/5% Stellina) - Luxury sparkle and soft
- Magnificent (100% superwash Merino) - Springy merino, perfect for sweaters and delightfully warm accessories
- Ringmaster (100% superwash Merino) - Round and squishy and super soft
Notes about this Yarn
- Because of our unique dyeing process, many of our darker colors appear heathered, with small light spots sprinkled throughout. This heathering is normal.
- Care for all of our yarns is to hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
- We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary depending on your monitor settings.
Please note: All dyed-to-order yarns take 4-6 weeks to deliver!