Welcome Back Sun Gradient Striped Matching Socks Set, dyed to order
About this Item
This yarn is dyed to order specifically for you in our studio. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
If you're in a hurry, click here to see our currently available (ready to be delivered) items in this colorway (including larger cakes for shawls and scarves).
About Gradient Striped Matching Socks Sets
Gradient-striped sock yarn was invented by Knitcircus dyer Jaala Spiro. This unique dyeing technique creates short stripes for instant gratification and an overall gradient effect. The main color of the sock changes slowly as you knit - from almost completely one color to almost completely another. The gradients and the stripes happen magically as you knit! No knots in your socks, and no having to remember to change colors. This yarn is spectacular.
You choose to start from the center of the cakes or the outside! If you start with the same color for each sock, you'll have maternal twins - every stitch of one sock matches the other exactly.
Sizes - We dye socks for any size! Whether you want to fit a toddler or the captain of the football team, Knitcircus Sock Sets are ready for the job. Choose the perfect size for your project, all wound into two cakes dyed together so your socks will match! We recommend working toe-up socks whenever possible so you never stop knitting before your gradient finishes with a flourish.
- Small socks set - approximately 200 yds/set. Perfect for wrist warmers, children’s socks/mittens or women’s anklets.
- Medium socks set - approximately 300 yds/set. For women’s mid-calf socks sizes 5-10, women’s mittens, Men’s size 6-8 or kids’ knee socks.
- Large socks set - approximately 400 yds/set. Women’s size 11-13, Men’s size 9-11, men’s mittens or women’s knee socks.
About this Color
This colorway is a gradient stripe, which means that the foreground color shift as you knit. How do we make these? Nobody knows.
*Welcome Back Sun Gradient Stripes is based on a favorite book of ours by the same name written by Michael Emberley.
“The power and simple beauty of sunshine are eloquently evoked in this charming tale about the long-awaited arrival of spring. …Captivating artwork illuminates the text. Using colors and techniques reminiscent of Ed Young’s work as well as more defined and detailed drawings. Emberley captures the feel of both the cold, gray “murky time”, and the brilliant clear sunshine. The illustrations reflect the warm affection among family members and place the story firmly in it’s cultural context. A most welcome seasonal selection.” —School Library Journal
It's hard to not be inspired by the illustrations.
About Knitcircus Yarn Bases
There is a table below that lists yardage and price of our various yarn bases, or click here for more information.
- Greatest of Ease (80% superwash Merino/20% nylon) - Our most popular and versatile
- Trampoline (100% USA-sourced superwash Merino) - Springy and super soft, our new favorite
- Lavish (70% superwash Merino/20% cashmere/10% nylon) - Our exclusive blend for extra luxury
- Fairy Dust (70% superwash Merino/25% nylon/5% Stellina) - Luxury sparkle and soft
Notes about this Yarn
- Because of our unique dyeing process, many of our darker colors appear heathered, with small light spots sprinkled throughout. This heathering is normal.
- Care for all of our yarns is to hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
- We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary depending on your monitor settings.