This yarn is ready to ship from our studio to your favorite knitting chair.
About Modernist Matching Socks Sets
Dyed-to-match modernist socks sets make an identical pair: each pair is unique and the two cakes are pre-wound for your convenience.
If you love this color but want a different size or base yarn, click here to see what other options are currently available for shipment!
About this Size
Medium socks - A medium socks set has 2 identical cakes that total 75g of fingering weight yarn. This makes a crew sock for women's size 6-9. If you want larger socks or just longer cuffs, look for a "large socks set". We recommend working toe-up socks whenever possible so you never stop knitting before your gradient finishes with a flourish.
About this Color
This luxurious, hand-dyed yarn is part of our Modernist Collection, another Knitcircus exclusive. Every colorway is dyed differently, producing fun and unexpected results. Fields of color melt into one another, creating non-repeating color sequences. You may find stripes and new colors emerging as the cake progresses. Each cake is absolutely unique and pre-wound for your convenience.
Select the number of your preferred socks set from the drop-down menu. If it is not already sold, you can add it to your cart. Each set is unique.
*Headless Horseman Modernist* The black, oranges and golds of this spooky Modernist evoke the legend of Ichabod Crane and mysterious case of the horseman wielding a flaming jack o' lantern.
About this Yarn Base
Breathtaking BFL - fingering (100% superwash Blue-faced Leicester wool) - 2 cakes of 153 yards each, totaling 75g. This lustrous, longwool breed boasts a wooly halo and is a favorite among knitters. Click here for more information about our different yarn bases.
Notes about Knitcircus Yarn
- This listing is for sock yarn only. You will not receive a completed pair of socks.
- Because of our unique dyeing process, many of our darker colors appear heathered, with small light spots sprinkled throughout. This heathering is normal.
- Care for this yarn is to hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
- We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary depending on your monitor settings.
- You will receive exactly the cakes you choose from the photos - each set is unique.