Baby Surprise Jacket Kit
This classic baby sweater by Elizabeth Zimmermann shows off your favorite gradient colorway perfectly! Using only knit stitches and increasing and decreasing, the sweater is knit flat with two simple seams across the tops of the arms. Just an ingenious pattern.
This updated version of the pattern includes the Baby-sized sweater that we knitted, but it has been expanded to include Child and Adult sizes, as well. Knit one for everyone in your family!
Please note: All dyed-to-order yarns take 6-8 weeks to deliver.
- Two (2) 100g cakes of Ringmaster worsted weight yarn in your choice of color, which is enough yarn to knit one baby sweater and a coordinating Barley Hat (see Notes below). Please choose from the drop down menu. Available colors: April Skies
- pattern - make sure to choose YES from the drop-down menu, otherwise no pattern will be sent. Note: this pattern isn't for sale on Ravelry, but it is on sale at Schoolhouse Press. See notes below on pattern.
- The instructions for the baby hat pictured are not included in this pattern. The hat is a free pattern called Barley, by tincanknits, and you can find it on Ravelry or TinCanKnits.
- Kit does not include buttons.
Ringmaster - worsted weight (100% superwash Merino) - 185 yards/100g. Round and super soft
In a rush to cast on?
- Order here for a ready-to-ship kit from our studio to your favorite knitting chair.
Care for all of our yarns: Hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary with your monitor settings.
This pattern is printed in booklet form on high-quality, heavy-duty paper with color photographs.