Brew Crew Gradient Stripes Matching Socks Set, various bases and sizes, ready to ship - SALE - SECONDS
This yarn is ready to ship from our studio to your favorite knitting chair.
This dye-lot is from the Scratch and Dent shelf - in some cases there are a few errant spots where they don't belong. In other cases, one of the colors may have bled slightly into another color, creating a 7th color in our gradient. These cakes of luxury yarn are slightly unpredictable, but we only sell absolutely perfect yarns for full price! Our mistake is a boon for you!! Note that sale yarns are not returnable.
About Striped Matching Socks Sets
Gradient-striped sock yarn was invented by Knitcircus dyer Jaala Spiro. This unique dyeing technique creates short stripes for instant gratification and an overall gradient effect. The main color of the sock changes slowly as you knit - from almost completely one color to almost completely another. The gradients and the stripes happen magically as you knit! No knots in your socks, and no having to remember to change colors. This yarn is spectacular.
Dyed-to-match gradient striped socks sets make festive stripes throughout the sock. You choose to start from the center of the cake or the outside! If you start with the same color for each sock, you'll have maternal twins - every stitch of one sock matches the other exactly.
About this Size
Large socks - A large socks set has 2 identical cakes that total 100g of fingering weight yarn. This is the perfect size to make long crew socks for women's size 6-12. If you want smaller socks or shorter cuffs, look for a "medium socks set". We recommend working toe-up socks whenever possible so you never stop knitting before your gradient finishes with a flourish.
Medium socks - A medium socks set has 2 identical cakes that total 75g of fingering weight yarn. This makes a crew sock for women's size 6-9. If you want larger socks or just longer cuffs, look for a "large socks set". We recommend working toe-up socks whenever possible so you never stop knitting before your gradient finishes with a flourish.
About this Color
This is one of our Panoramic Gradients. These colorways are carefully designed to evoke memories of landscapes or films or poems. There are usually two or three colors in a Panoramic Gradient, as opposed to a Chromatic Gradient, which has many shades of one color.
*Brew Crew Gradient Stripes* have bold yellow stripes that merge into saturated blue. Perfect for cheering on our Milwaukee baseball team or any school with gold and blue colors!
About these Yarn Bases
Greatest of Ease - fingering (80% superwash Merino/20% nylon). This yarn base is our perennial best seller, and is truly versatile.
Trampoline - fingering (100% superwash Merino). This yarn base is our exclusive USA-sourced and USA-spun wool. We designed this yarn for ourselves, but we'll let you buy it too. Click here for more information about our different yarn bases.
Sizes - We dye socks for any size! Whether you want to fit a toddler or the captain of the football team, Knitcircus Sock Sets are ready for the job. Choose the perfect size for your project, all wound into two cakes dyed together so your socks will match! We recommend working toe-up socks whenever possible so you never stop knitting before your gradient finishes with a flourish.
- Small socks set - approximately 200 yds/set. Perfect for wristwarmers, children’s socks/mittens or women’s anklets.
- Medium socks set - approximately 300 yds/set. For women’s mid-calf socks sizes 5-10, women’s mittens, Men’s size 6-8 or kids’ knee socks.
- Large socks set - approximately 400 yds/set. Women’s size 11-13, Men’s size 9-11, men’s mittens or women’s knee socks.
Notes about Knitcircus Orders
- This listing is for sock yarn only. You will not receive a completed pair of socks.
- Because of our unique dyeing process, many of our darker colors appear heathered, with small light spots sprinkled throughout. This heathering is normal.
- Care for all of our yarns is to hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
- We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary depending on your monitor settings.