Class: Learn to Knit Short Rows with Kim Langley at our store on September 22th from 1:00-3:00pm
Short rows are a fascinating knitting technique that can be used to turn a heel, create a toe, add a little extra length to a sweater or raise the back of a neckline. This simple technique, however, is misunderstood and feared by many knitters.
In this class you will learn how to execute short rows as a basic technique. You will learn the difference between German short rows and Wrap & Turn. You will explore how short rows can create the heel of a sock and how it can be used for the toe. We will explore simple uses for short rows including: slipped into an existing pattern to enhance the fit of a garment or enhance a design element.
Required prerequisites: Knit, Purl, Cast On, and Bind Off.
Homework: Cast on 40 stitches using a DK or Worsted weight yarn and appropriate needles, knit in stockinette for two inches. Leave swatch on needles and bring to class.
Supplies for Class:
- The Homework!
- small amount (partial skein, remainder from finished project) of DK or Worsted weight yarn in a contrasting color to your swatch
- small amount (partial skein, remainder from finished project) of fingering/sock or lace weight yarn in a contrasting color to your swatch
- usual knitters’ collection of stitch markers, scissors, etc
- second set of needles appropriate to DK or Worsted weight yarn
- small amount of DK or worsted yarn (enough to cast on 15 stitches and knit a few rows)
Class registration policies:
Students may sign up by completing payment here online or by calling the Knitcircus Studio during our store hours at 608-841-1421 to sign up over the phone. Note that your spot in class is not guaranteed until your payment is complete. Payments must be completed by 48 hours before the class start time. If paying by check, payment must be received at the Knitcircus Studio by 48 hours before the class start time. Please call our studio if you'd like to make last minute payment arrangements and we can check if there is still room in the class for you.
Correspondence with students is sent by email to the email account supplied at the time of purchase. Please check your email before class for updates regarding your class.
- If you cancel your registration a week or more ahead of time, you can receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than a week but more than 48 hours ahead of time, receive store credit (to be used within 1 year).
- If you cancel less than 48 hours ahead of time, the cost of the class is neither refundable nor transferable.
- If we cancel a class for any reason, you may choose to receive a full refund or store credit.