Edlothia Crochet Shawl Yarn Pack, pattern not included, dyed to order
Just because we're called Knitcircus doesn't mean we don't love crochet! Create this stunning shawl with fabulous crochet stitches and a gradient yarn that stripes as you go!
Instructions include a chart. See note below for pattern modifications; the original pattern calls for 984-1203 yards. We used 660 yards/150 grams in our sample, and our notes explain how.
This yarn pack is dyed to order in 4-6 weeks.
Edlothia crochet shawl is designed by Jasmin Rasanen. This yarn pack includes:
- 150g gradient cake in the color of your choice, please choose colorway from drop down menu.
- card with Ravelry pattern URL on it so you can easily find and print the free pattern at home
- pattern modifications note so that you can use our 660 yard cake instead of ~1000 yards as written in pattern
Yarn in Kit:
Colorways available: Voyage of the Yarn Treader, Kindness is Everything, Springtime in Paris, What Happens At Knit Night...
- Order here for a yarn pack ready-to-ship from our studio to your favorite knitting chair.
Edlothia is a free pattern. Simply print and download the pattern to your Ravelry library from the Edlothia pattern listing.
Care for all of our yarns: Hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary with your monitor settings.
Notes on how to modify Edlothia so you don't run out of yarn:
In order to finish this project with 660 yards instead of the ~1000 yards required, work as follows:
- Skip rows 41-52, working row 40 as written but with this addition: make three front post dc2tog on each end of the row (just scatter them in and they’ll hide behind the ridge). This will give you the correct stitch count to next work row 53.
- Additional modification to ensure correct stitch count: in Row 29 put just two dc in each chain section, and skip all the sc.