Enjoy glorious colorwork and beautiful shaping in a quick-knit worsted weight sweater. We gave this super popular Ravelry pattern the Knitcircus treatment and used a Chromatic Gradient for a faux fair-isle-looking yoke. Top-down and seamless, you'll want to knit more than one!
"Drawing on the beautiful simplicity of nature, this Icelandic style pullover is worked seamlessly from the top down, starting with a simple rolled neckline. Using worsted weight yarn, this sweater works up quickly. The yoke is knit in stranded color work, then short row shaping is added to the back of the sweater to shape the shoulders and neckline. Optional, gentle waist shaping is included.
Fern & Feather is a great first time stranded yoke sweater project. There are only 2 colors per round and the chart is easy to follow and memorize. Use your favorite style of yarn: handdyed, solids, soft and smooth, or rustic and woolly. You might already have something waiting in your stash that’s just right for this project!"--from the designer
KnitCircus Ringmaster (100% merino wool), 185yds/100g ball:
- Main Color (MC) - Kettle-Dyed skeins, your choice of color
- Contrasting Color (CC) - Gradient cakes, your choice of color
Sizes and number of skeins:
- Bust sizes 30.5" & 33" - (5) Kettle-Dyed (MC) and (1) 50g Gradient (CC)
- Bust size 35.5" - (5) Kettle-Dyed (MC) and (1) 75g Gradient (CC)
- Bust sizes 39" & 41" & 43.5" - (6) Kettle-Dyed (MC) and (1) 75g Gradient (CC)
- Bust size 46.25" - (7) Kettle-Dyed (MC) and (1) 100g Gradient (CC)
- Bust size 49" & 51.5" - (8) Kettle-Dyed (MC) and (1) 100g Gradient (CC)
- Bust sizes 54.25" & 57.25" - (9) Kettle-Dyed (MC) and (1) 100g Gradient (CC)
Blue-nique Gradient (MC) & Chimney Sweep Kettle-Dyed Skeins (CC)
Mint Festival Gradient (MC) & Creamy Sheep Kettle-Dyed Skeins (CC)
Vampire Boyfriend Gradient (MC) & Quoth the Raven Kettle-Dyed Skeins (CC)
All the Bacon and Eggs You Have Gradient (MC) & Chimney Sweep Kettle-Dyed Skeins (CC)
Surf's Up Gradient (MC) & Stay out of the Forest Kettle-Dyed Skeins (CC)
This pack does not include the pattern. Please find and purchase your pattern here, where you can easily download the pattern to your Ravelry library at the same time.
Care for all of our yarns: Hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary with your monitor settings.
Please note: All dyed-to-order yarns take 4-6 weeks to deliver!