Ombeline Hat combines a gradient skein with a speckled skein in a filigree-style stranded colorwork pattern. It is a fun and addictive knit, watching the colors change as you go. Ombeline is inspired by the beautiful stained glass windows in the cathedrals of Paris.
Ombeline has a unique top-down construction, which allows for some improvisation, and you can get the fiddly increases done first before moving to the main body of the hat! You could easily adapt this pattern to be worked bottom-up as it is mainly charts which can be turned around. Pattern follows a colorwork chart for the crown increases and body, then working a 1x1 rib stitch for the brim, which can be worn folded up or slouchy.
Pompom sold separately. Purchase one here.
This yarn pack is dyed to order in 4-6 weeks.
Ombeline Hat is designed by Alanna Penk. This kit includes:
- (1) 50g gradient cake of yarn, please choose color/base combination from drop down menu
- (1) 50g speckled cake of yarn, please choose color/base combination from drop down menu
- Brass and Steam Gradient/Brass and Steam Speckles
- Just Beet It Gradient/Just Beet It Speckles
- Love is Love Gradient/Over the Rainbow Speckles
Divine - DK weight (100% superwash Merino) - 130 yards/50g. Wonderfully soft, ideal for accessories and garments alike.
The pack includes enough yarn to make one hat. Note: Hat in photo uses Brass and Steam Gradient/Brass and Steam Speckles.
Want a different yarn base or colorway?
This yarn pack does not include the pattern. Please find and purchase your pattern here, where you can easily download the pattern to your Ravelry library at the same time.
- Order here for a ready-to-ship kit from our studio to your favorite knitting chair.
Care for all of our yarns: Hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary with your monitor settings.