Digital Download of Lovin Fierce, by A Touch of Hazel Handknits
You will receive a digital download file of this pattern, which will be emailed to you. For personal use only. This pattern is not owned by Knitcircus. Please contact the designer for pattern support.
From the designer:
Lovin Fierce is a single or double loop cowl knit flat from the top down, with the top and bottom ribbings knit in the round after the side is seamed. The body is knit with a two row lace repeat pattern in a larger gauge creating different effects depending on how you decide to block your cowl!
This pattern has been tech edited for clarity and corrections.
Name of Pattern: Lovin Fierce
Designer: Pamela Kay - A Touch Of Hazel Hand Knits
Type of Object: Cowl
Yarn weight: DK
Gauge: 27 stitches and 26 rows = 4 inches (in 2x1 ribbing stitch)
Needle Size: US 6 - 4.0 mm and US 10 - 6.0 mm
Yardage/Meterage: 295 - 705 yards (270 - 645 m)
Single Loop Cowl:
· One color cowl uses 295 yds/270 meters
· Two color cowl uses 250 yds/230 meters in Color A (Body) and 42 yds/40 meters in Color B (Ribbing)
Double Loop Cowl:
· One color cowl uses 630 yds/576 meters
· Two color cowl uses 605 yds/555 meters in Color A (Body) and 100 yds/95 meters in Color B (Ribbing)
Sizes available: This pattern allows for customization of the finished size and look of the design! The more aggressively you block it, the more the lace opens up.
Single loop (Double loop)
- Unpinned: 12” x 28” (12” x 56”) 30 x 71.1 cm (30 x 142 cm)
- Blocked w/pins: 14” x 30” (14” x 60”) 35.5 x 76.2 cm (33 x 152 cm)
- Aggressively blocked w/pins & wires: 15.5” x 30” (16” x 64”) 39.7 x 76.2 cm (40 x 162 cm)
Techniques used: Knit & purl, yarn over, passing slipped stitches over, knitting flat and in the round, side seaming, provisional cast-on, and utilizing a life-line.
Notions: One stitch marker, 2 pairs of needle stoppers, scissors, tapestry needle, scrap yarn for provisional cast on and life line, blocking mat, & (optional) blocking wires & pins.
Contact Information: email@example.com