PREORDER: Suzy Snowflake Beanie Yarn Pack
We love a quick-knit hat from Erin Gates. This adorable winter hat is perfect for keeping your head warm all winter long.
This worsted weight ‘Suzy Snowflake Beanie’ is knit in two-color stranded colorwork to create a festive wintery design. I used a third color for a contrasting brim. My inspiration for the name comes from my families’ favorite winter special: Suzy Snowflake. I think the snowflake motifs and color pairing resemble the style of this nostalgic stop motion cartoon from the early 1950’s. I have included written instructions for both the brim and decrease sections and a chart for the main fair isle portion. When choosing colors, I suggest using high contrasting colors to really show off the snowflakes. -from the designer
Please note: Preorders for this yarn pack are expected to ship before January 1st.
The Suzy Snowflake Beanie is designed by Erin Gates. This pack includes:
- (3) 50g semi-solid skeins in our Ringmaster yarn base in color combo of your choice - please choose from drop down menu
- (1) pompom
The pack includes enough yarn to make one hat.
Color A (Color B/Color C):
- Jay Kay Speckle (Creamy Sheep/Chain of Lakes Semi-solid) + Deep Blue Pompom
- Peacock Plumage Semi-solid (Creamy Sheep/Chain of Lakes Semi-solid) + Deep Blue Pompom
- Island of Misfit Toys Speckle (Creamy Sheep/Chain of Lakes Semi-solid) + Deep Blue Pompom
- Blue Radley Semi-solid (Creamy Sheep/Quoth the Raven Semi-solid) + Light Gray Pompom
- Naughty or Nice Speckle (Creamy Sheep/Quoth the Raven Semi-solid) + Red Pompom
- Mrs. Claus Semi-solid Semi-solid (Creamy Sheep/Mr. Claus Semi-solid) + Creamy White Pompom
Ringmaster - worsted weight (100% superwash Merino) - 185 yards/100g. Round and super soft
This pack does not include the pattern. Please find and purchase your pattern on Ravelry where you can easily download the pattern to your library at the same time, or Three Birds Yarn Studio.
Care for all of our yarns: Hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary with your monitor settings.