Taniko Colorwork Cowl Yarn Pack
We've knit up the Whakarua Kopito chart in our cowl, but there are actually five (5) different charts to choose from! Your yarn pack includes enough yarn to knit one of the 5 cowls.
"One pattern. Five different choices. Infinite Creativity.
The Tāniko Colorwork cowls is a pattern where YOU get to chose which stitch pattern you wish to use for your special cowl. There are five different stitch motifs in this pattern, each featuring my interpretation of traditional Māori weaving motifs, called tāniko.
Each motif has its own meaning, which is covered in the pattern. Accessible to first time colorwork knitters, and fun for stranded knitting fans, there’s something for all knitters here.
As these cowls are pretty quick knits and hard to put down, they make great gifts for the winter season or a handy emergency knit when the weather turns cold all of a sudden." --from the designer
This yarn is ready to ship from our studio to your favorite knitting chair.
Taniko Cowl is designed by Francoise Danoy of Aroha Knits. The cowl yarn pack includes enough yarn to knit only one of the 5 cowls:
- (1) Woolstok mini skein bundle in selected colorway (use dropdown menu)
- (1) Woolstok skein in selected colorway (use dropdown menu)
- Grey Harbor skein and Cool mini skein bundle
- Grey Harbor skein and Neutral mini skein bundle
- Grey Harbor skein and Warm mini skein bundle
- Highland Fleece skein and Cool mini skein bundle
- Highland Fleece skein and Neutral mini skein bundle
- Highland Fleece skein and Warm mini skein bundle
- Cowl in photo with cream/browns uses the solid color Highland Fleece with a Neutral bundle. It uses the Whakarua Kopito chart.
- Cowl in photo with cream/blues & greens uses the solid color Highland Fleece with a Cool bundle. It uses the Kumara chart.
Skein: Woolstok Worsted (100% Highland Peruvian Wool; 50g/123yds each)
Skein Bundle: (21) mini skeins (3 skeins of each of 7 colors) in Woolstok Worsted (100% Highland Peruvian Wool; 5g/12yds each)
This yarn pack does not include the pattern. Please find and purchase your pattern on Ravelry or Payhip, where you can easily download the pattern to your library at the same time.
Care for all of our yarns: Hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary with your monitor settings.