Madtown Yarn Shop Hop
Madtown Yarn Shop Hop
October 12-14, 2018
Twelve Shops. One weekend.
*Classes, events and prizes*
The more shops/farms you visit, the bigger the prizes you could win!
Prize categories include: visiting 5-7 shops, 8-10 shops and 11-12 shops. Door prizes will be offered at every participating shop, too!
Includes prizes from all of the participating shops plus event sponsors.
- When: October 12-14 Hours may vary by shop. At Knitcircus: Join us at the Knitcircus Studio & Store for a kickoff event on Friday evening, October 12th from 5-8 pm. Our store will also be open Friday 10-5pm, Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 10-5.
- Where: All around the Madison, Wisconsin area. Map at the bottom of the page! Many shops will be hosting classes, trunk shows, or Knit-a-Longs, so be sure to check their websites as well as the list below and plan your weekend accordingly!
- Why: Because we all love yarn and want to show our support for our fellow enthusiasts.
- How: Pick up your punch card (like a passport) at any participating shop during that weekend. You can start anytime the shop is open on Friday! Take the card with you to all shops you visit to get it stamped. Make sure to enter drawings for prizes at all of the stores you visit! Leave your card with the final shop you visit and you'll be automatically entered to win many possible prizes. The more places you visit, the bigger the prizes will be! Everyone who participates will receive an email coupon that you can use at any participating shop in the month of November for 10% off regularly-priced items!
- PUNCH CARDS: Anytime during open hours at any participating store starting Friday you can pick up your punch cards/passports to start your Shop Hop. Leave your card at the last shop you visit to be entered for prizes! You will be contacted if you win.
- SWAG: New this year, exclusive Madtown Yarn Shop Hop canvas bags and pins. Quantities will be limited, so pick yours up at the first stop on your Shop Hop!
- Knitcircus Studio & Store - Madison
- Wisconsin Craft Market - Madison
- The Sow's Ear - Verona
- Susan's Fiber Shop - Columbus
- Spry Whimsy Fiber Arts - Stoughton
- The Cat and Crow - Mt Horeb
- DMarie Knit and Fiber - Prairie du Sac
- The Dancing Lamb - Evansville
- Rainbow Fleece Farm - New Glarus
- Nina's Department and Variety Store-Spring Green
- GalPaca Farm - Mount Horeb
- Kaleidoscope Fibers - Cambridge
Add to your Facebook Calendar and see more discussion on the Facebook Event Page.
Shop hours and special events:
- Knitcircus: Fri: 10-8, Saturday 10-5, Sunday 10-5. Friday kickoff party, Madison Chocolate treats and more! Trunk show: Dragon Hoard Yarn, with specially-dyed yarn for the event. All weekend: Exclusive Knitcircus Shop Hop yarn colorway and 10% off all Team Color Striped Socks! Every hour: door prize drawings!
- Special Event Page for the Shop Hop Kickoff Party
- Sow's Ear: Fri 6:30 am-8:30 pm, Sat 7:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 7:00 am-5:00 pm
- Rainbow Fleece Farm: Fri 10:00 am- 5:00 pm, Sat 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 11:00 am-4:00 pm
- The Dancing Lamb: Fri 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Sat 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 10:00 am-5:00 pm
- Susan's Fiber Shop:
- Spry Whimsy: Fri 9:00 am-6:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 10:00 am-5:00 pm Friday - The first 50 people through the door will receive a free “Sparky the Sheep” pin. Sparky is our mascot! Saturday - The first 50 people through the door will receive a free 10 yd. sample of the Fibre Co. Luma. Sunday- The first 50 people through the door will receive a free 10 yd. sample of the Fibre Co. Arranmore. BUY 4 hanks, GET 1 FREE special on Fibre Co. Luma throughout the weekend. Fibre Co. Arranmore will be 20% off to coincide with the “Snowflakes and Cocoa Cowl” pattern release. Trunk Show: The Fibre Co.
- Wisconsin Craft Market: Fri 9:30 am-9:00 pm, Sat 9:30 am-5:00 pm
Sun 11:00 am-5:00 pm
- DMarie: Fri 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Sat 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 10:30 am-4:00 pm
- Cat and Crow: Fri 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 11:00 am-4:00 pm Exclusive stitch markers from A Needle Runs Through It, exclusive Four Crows Farm colorway, and a fun giveaway prize! Trunk Show: Mountain Colors.
- Nina's: Fri 9:00 am-5:30 pm, Sat 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 11:00 am-4:00 pm Special offers all weekend, local alpaca yarn, brand new patterns, refreshments, and more! Trunk Show: Berroco Yarns
- GalPaca Farm: Fri 12:00 pm-8:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 9:00 am-5:00 pm. Prize drawings throughout the weekend as well as 10% off all yarn purchases Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Kaleidoscope Fibers: Fri 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Sat 10:00 am-5:00 pm, Sun 10:00 am- 5:00 pm Anything Goes fade cowl kits from Hearthside Fibers, project bags from Kitchen Counter Crafter, and much more! Trunk Show: Reywa Fibers.
- google map