The Knitcircus Crew
Knitcircus celebrates a passion for knitting and the delight of beautiful yarn. Our goals of providing beautiful hand-dyed yarns and quality jobs in a good work environment drive every decision we make. The Knitcircus Crew is constantly inspired by other knitters and designers, and is committed to networking with and supporting independent small businesses, especially ones owned by women. Knitcircus strives to create a business that welcomes all people. We know that social justice work takes time, effort and intention.
We welcome your feedback always, particularly from our customers from marginalized communities. Knitcircus has an ongoing commitment to showing a diverse array of models in our site and social media, and to work with and showcase the work of designers and dyers of color. We accept yarn support requests from all designers at any time; please see our FAQ (LINK) for further information about yarn support.
The Knitcircus Crew
Bug - Owner and Production Manager
Favorite Color: Mint Festival Chromatic Gradient * Favorite Pizza Topping: Pepperoni * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Trampoline * Song Often Stuck in Her Head: Rainbow by Kesha * Favorite Animal: Cockatiel
Liz - Business Manager
Favorite Color: Ice and Fire Panoramic Gradient * Favorite Pizza Topping: Mushrooms * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Divine DK * Go-to Karaoke Song: Don't Stop Believing by Journey * Favorite Animal: Tortie Cats
Katie - Art Director
Favorite Color: Sweet Dreams Semi-solid * Favorite Pizza Topping: Artichoke Hearts * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Ringmaster * Go-to Karaoke Song: Tequila Song by The Champs * Favorite Animal: Marmots
Nemeh - Yarn Processor
Favorite Color: My Funny Valentine Chromatic Gradient * Favorite Pizza Any Fresh Vegetable * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Opulence * Song Her Kids Dance to in the Living Room Most Frequently: I Like to Move It from the movie Madagascar
Sarah - Lead Dyer
Favorite Color: Counting Sheep Panoramic Gradient * Favorite Pizza Topping: Pineapple * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Flying Trapeze * Song Often Stuck in Her Head: Nike and the Niners by 21 Pilots * Favorite Animal: Donkeys
Jennifer - Social Media and Marketing Manager
Favorite Color: Harvest Moon Modernist * Favorite Pizza Topping: Garlic * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Opulence * Interpretive Dance Song: Shake It Off by Taylor Swift * Favorite Animal: Cows
Lynn - Assistant Dyer
Favorite Color: Just Beet In Panoramic Gradient * Favorite Pizza Topping: Cheese * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Opulence * Go-to Karaoke Song: Praise You by Fat Boy Slim * Favorite Animal: Barn Owls
Michelette - Yarn Processing Coordinator
Favorite Color: Hundred Acre Wood Modernist * Favorite Pizza Topping: Extra Pepperoni * Favorite KC Yarn Base: Ringmaster * Song Often Stuck in Her Head: Nightmare by Halsey * Favorite Animal: Baby Puma
- Every year, the December in-store Sample Sale benefits Second Harvest Foodbank of Dane County. In 2018 we were able to give $510, providing 1500+ meals for Dane County residents.
- All the profits from the popular Love is Love colorway goes to the Human Rights Campaign.
- All the profits from the Kindness is Everything colorway go to Heifer International.
- In 2018 Knitcircus donated $800 worth of goods to the local Wisconsin Public Television auction.
- In 2018, Knitcircus donated $100 each to Second Harvest, the Global Fund for Children and the California Health Initiative, as well as collecting dozens of hats for Halos of Hope as part of the Kindness KAL.
- Knitcircus donates prizes to many knitting events and retreats. If you would like Knitcircus prizes for your next event, please email email@example.com
- Knitcircus also regularly donates prizes/items for local organization and school auction fundraisers. If your organization would like to offer Knitcircus goodies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jaala Spiro, Knitcircus' founder and former owner, began publishing the Knitcircus print magazine in 2005, then switched to an online format beginning with Issue #9. Knitcircus Magazine ran through 2012 and Jaala is deeply grateful to everyone who read, contributed, tech-edited, and created graphics for the magazine. When the online pattern world became too crowded, she switched to yarn dyeing and has never looked back! Unfortunately, patterns from the magazine are no longer available from this site, but all rights have reverted to the designers, so check with them if you want to track something down!
Join us for social fun on the Knitcircus Facebook page and Ravelry Group and as Knitcircus Yarns on Pinterest and knitcircus_yarns on Instagram.