The Throwover Sweater Kit
This sweater is knit from the top down with a deep collar, that transitions into a colorwork round yoke. The sleeves are separated and put on hold while the body is finished. They are then returned to the needles and knit down for a customizable and seamless sweater!
From the designer: "I knew after I finished The Throwback that I needed a pullover version as well. A classic sweater, perfect over t-shirts and sandy jeans on cool summer evenings, or pulled over woolen undershirts for a winter hike."
Please note: All dyed-to-order yarns take 6-8 weeks to deliver.
1 (2, 3, 4, 5)(6, 7, 8, 9)
FINISHED BUST CIRCUMFERENCE
34 (38, 42, 46, 50)(54, 58, 62, 66)”
86.5 (96.5, 106.5, 117, 127)(137, 147.5, 157.5, 167.5) cm
This sweater is intended to be worn with approximately 2-6”/5-15 cm positive ease.
These are just approximations. Total yarn usage will depend on the yarn you use (fiber content, ply, etc.), your personal gauge, and any modifications you may make.
Worsted Weight in 4 colors
Color A - 340 (389, 423, 462, 500)(558, 613, 675, 719) g
716 (816, 887, 970, 1050)(1171, 1286, 1418, 1509) yds
655 (747, 812, 887, 960)(1071, 1176, 1297, 1380) m
Colors B, C & D (each) - 16 (18, 19, 21, 23)(25, 28, 30, 32) g
45 (52, 57, 62, 68)(75, 82, 90, 96) yds
42 (48, 52, 57, 62)(68, 75, 83, 88) m
- skeins in our Ringmaster worsted weight, enough yarn to make one sweater; choose colorway and size from the dropdown menu.
- pattern - make sure to choose YES from the drop-down menu, otherwise no pattern will be sent and you can purchase the pattern yourself from Ravelry.com or Dreareneeknits.com. See notes below on pattern.
- (MC) Stay Out of the Forest Semi-solid & (CC) Fox in the Hen House/The Great Pumpkin/Lucky Charm
- (MC) Midnight Moon Semi-solid & (CC) Smell My Feet/Busy Bee/The Great Pumpkin
- (MC) Bedrock Semi-solid & (CC) In the Limelight/We Scare Because We Care/Incandescently Happy
- (MC) Holy Diver Semi-solid & (CC) Winging It/Cultured/Faraway Land
- (MC) Silver Lining Semi-solid & (CC) Pineapple Under the Sea/Jellyfish Fields/Poolside
- (MC) Cranberry Sauce Semi-solid & (CC) Fame and Fortune/Strawberries and Cream/Grape Stomping
- Sizes 1: (4) 100g skeins MC/ (1) 100g skein of each of three CC
- Sizes 2 & 3: (5) 100g skeins MC/ (1) 100g skein of each of three CC
- Sizes 4 & 5: (6) 100g skeins MC/ (1) 100g skein of each of three CC
- Sizes 6 &7: (7) 100g skeins MC/ (1) 100g skein of each of three CC
- Sizes 8: (8) 100g skeins MC/ (1) 100g skein of each of three CC
- Sizes 9: (9) 100g skeins MC/ (1) 100g skein of each of three CC
Ringmaster - worsted weight (100% superwash Merino), 185 yards/100g. This yarn base is round and plush and super springy, perfect for sweaters and delightfully warm accessories. Click here for more information about our different yarn bases.
In a hurry to cast on right away?
- Order here for a kit ready-to-ship from our studio to your favorite knitting chair.
This kit includes the pattern if you choose it from the dropdown menu. These patterns are printed in booklet form on high-quality, heavy-duty paper with color photographs. Free Ravelry download code is included with pattern. Redeem your unique code upon checkout on Ravelry.com to receive your complementary digital copy.
Care for all of our yarns: Hand or machine wash cold (delicate cycle), dry flat. Our yarns are colored using professional-grade acid dyes.
We’ve made every effort to photograph the color accurately, but appearance may vary with your monitor settings.